SHAHAN SHAZAAM CLAN

Welcome to Our little spot on the internet!
I hope you enjoy following along with the happening of our life as we make memories!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Updated Family Tree- for Sis. Mandy



Madison had homework to make a family tree! I love it! I love finding out cool things about the family. Going back in time and revisiting many memories! I asked Madison how she wanted to make her family tree....and i was so excited! She said she wanted it to be a real tree with leaves and not just a picture. if any one knows me it has to be fun. So I told Madison some ideas and here is what we came up with. We used paper sacks and twisted them for the branches. Cloth leaves (thanks Sis Michelle) with the family members names written on them. Snap shots of pictures glued around their names. I think it really turned out neat! In our hunt for history we found out on my side my great great grandmother was an indian princess. On Todd's mom's side Daniel Boone would be Madison's 8th great uncle. This was really cool to find out. Of course making the tree was bitter sweet with our memories. So many who have gone on to heaven that we miss so much. A few tears were shed and many fun times talked about. This tree starts with us and on Todd's side goes back with his mom and dad 5 generations. On my side we went back 6 and 7 generations. The really neat thing is Pentecost actually began with Todd and I great grandparents but our heritage goes back even further before pentecost began. There are 30 names on this list and 21 of them we know were filled with the Holy Ghost and Baptized in Jesus Name! That is just so awesome

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Okay I have had enough!!! LOL You have got to choose the BIG picture option when you load these photos I can't SEE them! Thanl you for your attention on this matter!!! Love you

Madison S. said...

Hahaha! If you do the big picture it deletes my friends list on the side! Hmmmm My friends list is more important.

Mandy said...

No way I have the same layout and it doesn't effect mine when I use the large Picture only when I use the large slideshow and then it takes off half of my slide show not my list!

Madison S. said...

ok I will try! You are getting bossy since you recieved your new title!!! HAHAHA Just kidding but maybe you will have more blog time with your new title Pastors wife! I do need that photo site before you move away

Mandy said...

I just always want to see your pictures and they are small so I want them big! lol I put that site to get the photo program in the comments of that post so you can get whenever you like!