SHAHAN SHAZAAM CLAN

Welcome to Our little spot on the internet!
I hope you enjoy following along with the happening of our life as we make memories!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wow! immediate response!!!

Last night Bro. & Sis Isom presented their burden of Bible quizzing to the parents. The kids are getting so excited. They begged today "where are our quiz cards???" Can we get started. Of course I don't have the cards yet so I printed a few verses off the computer. They started with Luke 4:16. There were a few hard words in there Nazareth and synagogue. What was fun is that the kids have 20 min of reading for school every night and tonight they begged to do their bible reading for this time. I was not sure about Mason, He is not a strong reader. Madison started the reading and then Mason followed along. Wow they really were helping one another. Mason usually gets flustered with his reading and gives up......but not today!!! He kept trying over and over and over. And they both were encouraging one another. I knew we had been told it helps the kids in so many ways, but I never expected the attitude change immediately. And I mean immediately. Mason had not had a great day today, he got behind on his school work and was very upset about it. This usually sets him into a mood of I don't want to do anything or TOTAL SHUT DOWN. The kids spent their time learning Gods word during their reading time. I am going to talk to their teachers and let them know that they are using some of their reading time to learn their quiz material. Keep us in your prayers that the kids will continue to be excited about the word of the Lord. And that their minds and hearts will soak up the words. And that the kids can use this as a witness to their friends and teachers at school. I end with tonight I am one happy mom!!!

No comments: