SHAHAN SHAZAAM CLAN

Welcome to Our little spot on the internet!
I hope you enjoy following along with the happening of our life as we make memories!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Day on the Farm!




We went out working on the farm today. Cutting down mesquite bushes and just checking out the land. The kids just have a blast roaming all over the place. They want to save their money up and buy a go cart. I told them they would have to talk to their grandfathers. But on this day we saw beautiful yellow flowers form the cactus and a horny toad. Todd was able to catch the horny toad and let the kids see it up close. Then we let him go and eat more ants. Madison of course informed us that the horny toad is endangered species. It is amazing what a almost 3rd grader knows. The kids are very careful on the land they know to watch for snakes and not to turn back sticks and stones. They are having so much fun! I love watching them just running around using their imagination. It reminds me of all the wonderful summers I spent on my Nanny and Pawpaw's farm. I got to telling the kids about when I was little. Oh the memories!!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute, I remeber playing with Horny Toads all the time when I was little. No wonder I haven't seen them around in ages, I had no idea they were endagered! Madison's a little smarty!

Karla said...

Sounds like this will be a great place to live once you get a house built, etc. Glad y'all had a good time!