SHAHAN SHAZAAM CLAN

Welcome to Our little spot on the internet!
I hope you enjoy following along with the happening of our life as we make memories!

Monday, February 16, 2009

The Whitty one of the bunch!

Pastor Holley was talking tonight about all the incredible upcoming events of Life Tab and just when you don't think the kids are listening....well they are! Bro. Holley was talking about several different Fasts we as a church are going to take and they all sound great!!! If you want to hear all about it go to lifetab.org and listen to the message! But one fast in particular was a technology fast. Well most of you know my husband is the Director of Technology at City View ISD. Well you guessed it Mason said Wow will daddy get to take the whole week off!!! I about fell out of the pew laughing. He is Witty much like his father! I guess Bro. Todd just needs a letter from the pastor LOL. I wonder what work would say about that fast? We went on to explain to the kids that Pastor Holley means anything above what is required for our daily work. But that Bro. Holley would explain it more in detail when the time comes. So on our way home tonight when they asked for the iPhones to play games on in the car we said NO! Then we said lets start some Technology fast now and just talk! We giggled and laughed talked about many things. And when we got home the kids kept talking, of course not wanting to go to bed. I will cherish these times as much as we can in the fast paced world we live in these days. I want to also add I was so blessed to see my children's worship in the alter this evening. There is nothing greater than seeing your children loving God! Madison was getting such a blessing, speaking in that heavenly language, and dancing in the spirit. Just pure Joy in the presence of the Lord! Mason is so tender hearted and began to pray with his sister, along with many other children gathered around. Oh what blessings these children received. If they can only stay as strong and close to one another at this age, we have an awesome youth group coming up in just a few short years. These kids pray so hard with one another and they all are blessed by one another. I wish you could witness the power of God these kids bring into a service. Well I apologize for the long post and rambling of many topics. My fingers just couldn't stop LOL! I hope you all have a blessed week!
Part of the future youth group of Life Tab I count around 20 in my head and almost all have the Holy Ghost! And it won't be long until the rest get IT!

3 comments:

Keith and Carla said...

Keith had the church here do a technology "fast" this past year. Things WILL happen when we lay down "things" and focus on Him!

Karla said...

I love this story of Mason! One of my "favs"! I so enjoyed watching Madison dance in worship last night! So incredible what God is doing.

Mandy said...

How cute! I am excited to hear about the great things taking place! I wish I could have seen Madison worshiping, there's just nothing like a child's praise!