SHAHAN SHAZAAM CLAN

Welcome to Our little spot on the internet!
I hope you enjoy following along with the happening of our life as we make memories!

Monday, January 5, 2009

I am telling on myself :)

I made a list of dinner ideas and posted it on the fridge. I have promised to try to cook more this year. Well out of the mouth of babes Madison saw the list. Madison said.....Mom what is this list, I then explained and her reply was, "Mom you really know how to cook all these things?" Oh my poor children. I just have never really liked to cook. I love their pure honesty! If any body has any great easy dinner ideas I woud love to have them! I guess this is one of my new years resolutions along with the typical loose weight. We did purchase the Wii fit and I am starting it this afternoon! I plan on posting a picture of our Wii family soon so be watching!

10 comments:

Karla said...

LOL!!! This is hilarious!

Madison S. said...

Its to funny I had to tell

Mandy said...

I think you need one of those plaques that Sis. Elms got. It reads "My favorite recipe is eating out".
LOL

Keith and Carla said...

Too funny! I love to cook so we don't have a problem with eating out just because. We eat out usually on the run.

P.S. There is a magazine called "Simple & Delicious." It has easy recipes, and they are usually pretty quick to fix. Another one is called "Taste of Home."

Michelle said...

LOL that is funny:) If you check out food network.com, Rachael Ray has a bunch of 30 minute recipes!

Madison S. said...

Cool everyone I will try those out

Christina said...

You know we probably all need easy recipe ideas in this day and age we live. I mean who really even has time to cook,lol! Maybe our church cookbook could be made up of only simple fast recipe meals.

Madison S. said...

Sounds good to me...Are you in charge of the cookbook??? Hey i do have a roast set out thawing for tomorrow or the next day. Well see it is a cheap Logans night or Luby's kids eat free.

Anonymous said...

Julie, I love to cook, but even I find it hard to turn down Logan's Mon - Tues 2/$12.99 special or Luby's Wed - Fri 2/$12.99 (Fri is now $5.00 chicken meal night!) or the dollar menus at almost any "fast food" places. If you do cook at home, here's a really easy recipe that my friend sent me the other day. It's one of those, "throw it in the crockpot before work and it's magically ready to serve when you get home" meals.
FYI: I used a small roast instead of chicken and it was wonderful! Hope you enjoy it. Carmen

CROCK POT
EASY CHICKEN FAJITAS
(taste like Sevi’s)

1 package (4-6) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can chicken broth
2 cans Rotel with green chilis
1 can chopped green chilis
1 # pinto beans (dry, uncooked)

Chili Powder
Garlic Salt
Salt and Pepper to taste

Wash dry pinto beans and place in bottom of crockpot. Generously sprinkle the uncooked chicken (on both sides) with Chili Powder, Garlic Salt, Salt and Pepper and place on top of beans.

Mix chicken broth, Mushroom Soup, 2 cans Rotel and Green Chilis together. Pour over chicken and beans. Cook on low temperature for 8 hours…….do NOT lift the lid or stir for 8 hours!

After 8 hours, shred the chicken with two forks. Serve with warm tortillas ~~~ add cheese, sour cream, or guacamole for toppings.

Madison S. said...

Yummy this sounds great we will have to try this!